Sunday 16 March 2008

WoW - Here We Go Again

It's an old tactic, but I think it can work this time.

What am I talking about? Let me explain.

My mother and I share an account on World of Warcraft. Ages ago, I had five characters on the Bronze Dragonflight server; and all these characters' professions would link in to each other, providing a supply chain. I thought it would work.

Needless to say, it didn't. Three of the characters never got off the ground, never breaking level 10; the other two fared better, but the process was scrapped.

Now I've 'moved' from the Bronze Dragonflight PVE server to the Argent Dawn RP server, I have all 10 slots available, and I've got a different method for setting it up.

My original set up had the different characters with some resources being split ways, such as one character having herbalism and another having alchemy, meaning that for one to make things, another character had to be used first.

My new set up:
Zist: Human Warlock - Mining + Enchanting (Current Level: 21 or so)
Notes: The money received from selling the smelted bars goes towards the enchanting fund. Enchanting can improve other characters' armour and weapons.

Kindrah: Night Elf Hunter - Tailoring + Jewelcrafting (Current Level: 12)
Notes: She does depend on others, though for something very minor; the jewels that the miners pick up go to her for the jewelcrafting. Jewelcrafting makes trinkets for other characters, tailoring supplies other characters with cloth armour.

Rezeera: Draenai Paladin - Mining + Blacksmithing (Current Level: 9)
Notes: Self explanatory, really. Supplies herself and Zist with mail and later plate armour.

Sepes: Dwarf Priest - Herbalism + Alchemy (Current Status: Level 6 Orc Warrior)
Notes: Also self explanatory; providing potions to other characters.

POSSIBLE EXTRA CHARACTER
???: Gnome Mage - Skinning + Leatherworking (Current Status: Non-existent)

That means out of all of the professions, the only I do not cover (if I do go for the extra character) is Engineering, for which I can rely on people over the trade channel in major cities.

And then I would be working them all up in stages; first stage, all to 20, meaning Zist will be out of action for a while; I'll go with a character, then I'll change either when they reach the target or when I get bored with them.

No comments: